the ZR-1 package was an almost $30k option. cars were sold for around $100k in some cases, compared to the $35k base price for the vette at the time.

obviously there are other technical advantages which even exceed the perceived cheaper construction costs.
granted there are, as i said it is a better design, but speaking on end result regardless of the makup of the engine or technical advantages over the next, even regardless of displacement. comparing the LS1 to the M3 I6 for simplicitys sake, the LS1 is a smaller lighter engine, producing more power, more torque, and a flatter torque curve, and acheaiving better gas mileage. with those advantages does it matter where/how many cams there are, how many cylinders, or displacement, how efficient the head design is, how many valves? what advantages does the M3 motor have over the LS1? and this isnt taking into account the cheapness of the LS1 either

Maserati is developing a V8 version of the Fiat multijet diesel engine to be installed in the QP. The Brera will have a 5 pot 200 BHP diesel, you can buy BMW 3 coupe with the 330d engine, Audi delivered its previous A4 cabrio with a diesel and the list is endless.
dont get me wrong, i never said anything about the deisel, i was just trying to demonstrate the stigma against pushrods with ppls attitudes and perceptions against diesels