Quote Originally Posted by HemiCuda500
I've mentioned this in another thread, but I love the Smart roadster! (When it's rebadged and redesigned as the Dodge Slingshot ) I don't see the smart fortwo as being viable for the American marker, too low performance, rough ride, poor handling, no storage space, poor range, weird styling, and overpriced (for what you get) Excellent concept, but with too many compromises. Now the Smart Roadster, it has looks, performance (I was told 0-60 in about 10 seconds, not earth-shattering, but still driveable) rear wheel drive, convertible, and fun! Besides, there's nothing like it in the market. I think it would be a great success. A few years ago, I was hoping for the Dodge Razor, not I want the Slingshot!

EDIT: 46mpg isn't all that great ( I know it's a different size gallon, but still) The VW Golf TDI is incredible for mileage and range, and offers less compromises. If fuel efficiency is your goal, I'd go with the VW or one of the hybrids
the smart is already 2 years old and isnt build for fuel economy in case you forgot.