Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road Legal F1 Car.

Have y'all ever heard that Ferrari has a selling department strictly to deal with the selling of F1 cars? For some 1-2 million US dollars you get a F1 car (slightly detuned to increase reliabily; 15,000 rpm redline), it is customized to fit you, track time at Ferrari's test track, and an ex-F1 driver teaches you how to drive it. I wish I that kind of money to take that deal. I believe the F2002 is now on sale.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Tifosi
    Have y'all ever heard that Ferrari has a selling department strictly to deal with the selling of F1 cars? For some 1-2 million US dollars you get a F1 car (slightly detuned to increase reliabily; 15,000 rpm redline), it is customized to fit you, track time at Ferrari's test track, and an ex-F1 driver teaches you how to drive it. I wish I that kind of money to take that deal. I believe the F2002 is now on sale.
    IIRC each sale also include a service/support option which measn factory staff to keep it fettled.
    necessary with the engines
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    see my vid i just posted in the misc section
    i just watched the video, but theres only a certain amount of technology out of a F1 car that can go into a street car without the price tag going WELL over $2 million. so that means that the enzo just isn't a F1 car.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    a ferrari enzo is basically a road-legal ferrari f1 car. isn't it based of an f1 chassis?
    sure, it's made with the same materials, but if it had the same form, the enzo wouldn't look anything like it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Tifosi
    do you have any info on this?

no i dont have the money, but i find it hard to beleive that ferrari offer something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by danno
    do you have any info on this?

no i dont have the money, but i find it hard to beleive that ferrari offer something like that.
    Hmmm, check out Motor Trends or Car and Driver's website. I believe I read that in one of those magazines.

Matra what is IIRC???
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Its called Corsa Clienti, available only to Ferrari's preferred customers.

IIRC - If I Remember Correctly
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Its called Corsa Clienti, available only to Ferrari's preferred customers.
    it was featured a while back on top gear TV show and the magazine...

prices were not disclosed but i think i can safely say that it costs more than $1-2 mil, especially if your buying schumacher's

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    That's cheating! Everyone else has to cycle!
    this is a FRENCH car
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    this is a FRENCH car

UCP biggest Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic & Mercedes CLK-GTR SuperSport fan

Quote Originally Posted by EvilPaladin

this was english humour about the French
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

the enzo is not a roadgoing f1 car except for its f1 inspired steering and carbon nose!

If i remember correctly F50 based on Alain Prost's ferrari f1 it has F1 motor and Marketed as a 'Formula 1 car for the road' Maybe not connected with the topic but i knew this like that if i am wrong correct me
    Me and my angels!!

Thread Information