Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
but more seriously, the people who drive faster may be more attentive, but that is not the case for those who drive, let's say 80 or 90 (or lorrydrivers). So the impact of moronic behaviour which we discussed above will be far more serious than with lower speed differences. The safest way to drive is to consider everybody to be an idiot, (may be including yourself).
I agree with that. And you don't even need to exceed the speed limit to see very dangerous behaviours on the road. Unfortunately those can't be caught by speed cameras.
Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
SO what we really want Pieter is a "super license" for drivers.
THe normal license you get to do 100km/h.
But drivers who can prove their skill and ability get to do 300 --- I'd sign up for that
They should also be able to prove common sense.
Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
WHich adds in "training" to the mix. We teach people how to drive , not how to avoid accidents and crashes. I remember when 19 taking the choice to go the other side of a car and accelerate to avoid a crash. ( I do look back now and realise some of that ws luck as no way was I that good at estimating the other persons speed )
Which is probably what makes nordic drivers so good. They learn to control the car in difficult situation and environments. Here we just learn to operate cars and read signs... On the other hand we are really good at surviving in the urban jungle!!